Samsung Ads l AdGear is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We’re looking to add a Big Data Analyst to the team
This role will be based in Montreal, QC and will follow a hybrid work model.
About the Role
As a Data Analyst, you will not only possess strong technical abilities to retrieve, manipulate, analyze and visualize data, but also use your excellent communication skills to tell compelling data stories. Do you thrive on asking “what if?”? If so, we’re looking for you to bring your abilities and attitude to distill complex subjects and data into compelling and understandable write-ups.
This means developing ad-hoc queries/tooling, performing various investigations to answer business/technical/efficiency questions that may sit outside of the day-to-day scope of most product feature work.
This is an exciting opportunity that sits at the intersection of Product and Engineering. You will help with asking the right questions and answering them rigorously while working closely with Product Managers (PM) and other department leads to understand their goals and help achieve them through data.
Do you enjoy working with others who are smart and passionate about building useful, reliable, performant products? Join the Data Analytics team today!
What you’ll do
- Synthesize raw data into actionable insights to drive business results, identify key trends and opportunities and report the findings in a simple, compelling manner
- Design and maintain data systems and databases; this includes optimization of existing code and proactively identifying areas that require attention
- Mining data from various sources, possibly reorganizing it in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine
- Preparing reports to effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Collaborate with PMs and Engineers to help identify opportunities for improvements based on data and conduct preliminary & exploratory analysis towards roadmap items
- Provide quantitative analysis and strategic insights to make smart, data-driven decisions
- Software development, using various APIs, for ad-hoc reports, dashboards, projects, and process automations
What you need to succeed in this role (requirements):
- University degree (Computer Science, Software Engineering or other) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience as a data analyst
- Strong SQL Skills, ability to perform effective querying and analysis of data from multiple sources.
- Full competency in at least 1 software development language (Python/R/Scala/etc.), including a solid grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Experience analyzing and manipulating data in various formats – plain text or binary, output streams, SQL databases, Big Data warehouses such as HDFS/S3, Kafka
- Experience doing data extraction, transformation, and reporting using various low-level and high-level tools
- Experience with creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data.
- Experience with source control system, ideally git
- Proficiency in multiple flavours of SQL (Postgres, RedShift, etc)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experiencing producing data visualizations, presenting and discussing findings
- High level of attention to detail
- Quick learner, critical thinker and analytical problem solver
- You have a track record of making things better, questioning and improving the status quo
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience with AWS and related services (e.g. Athena, Lambda, Glue, S3, EC2)
- Experience with AirFlow
- Experience as an end-user on Linux servers, including starting jobs, scheduling, monitoring output, etc.
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage, access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition), employee assistance program and Personal & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Generous vacation days with additional flex days
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual company get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!) & yoga once per week
- Open source days for software developers
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
Life at SamsungAds l AdGear…
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build an outstanding, world-class advertising organization with a relentless focus on design and customer experience, you've come to the right place and apply now or share with a friend!