Who we are
AdGear is an advertising technology company located in Montreal that has been recently acquired by Samsung Electronics, but operates as an independent, fully-owned subsidiary. This means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders located across the globe.
What you’ll do
The AdGear Data Analyst is a position that combines software engineering and research/analytical skills.
The ideal candidate has some software engineering skills, and thrives on asking “what if ?”. This means developing ad-hoc queries/tooling/investigations to answer business/technical/efficiency questions that are outside of the day-to-day scope of most product feature work.
The position sits at the intersection of the AdGear Product, Service, and Engineering teams. You’ll be working to serve directed analysis queries by these teams, as well as encouraged to spearhead your own initiatives that can evaluate and validate opportunities for improvement across AdGear’s various systems.
Relevant advertising industry experience is useful, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
- Analysis of aggregate reports (within AdGear’s platform and from third-parties)
- Analysis of raw data within AdGear’s subsystems
- Analysis of market and ecosystem metrics, producing insights, recommendations and distilling best-practices
- Educating team members and customers on strategies and best practices
- Software development, using various APIs, for ad-hoc reports, dashboards, projects, and process automations
Qualifications and Skills
- Full competency in SQL
- Full competency in at least 1 software development language (Ruby/Python/Scala/etc…), including a solid grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Experience analyzing and manipulating data in various formats – plain text or binary, output streams, SQL databases, Big Data warehouses such as HDFS/S3, Kafka
- Experience as end-user on linux servers, including starting jobs, scheduling, monitoring output, etc…
- Experience doing data extraction, transformation, and reporting using various low-level and high-level tools
- Experience with source control system, ideally git
- Experiencing producing data visualizations, presenting and discussing findings
- High level of attention to detail
- Quick learner, critical thinker and analytical problem solver
- You have a track record of making things better, questioning and improving the status quo
- You enjoy working with others who are smart and passionate about building useful, reliable, performant products
Why work for AdGear? Here are some of the benefits of working with us
- Snacks and drinks in the office
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Discounts with several partners and vendors
- Samsung Employee Discounts for Samsung Products
- Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Group TFSA Program
Apply now by sending your resume to email@example.com or visit adgear.com
This is an ongoing job posting.