Senior Information Security Architect
AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of Old Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first-party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers a high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
What you'll do
Reporting to the chief of staff engineering, the chosen candidate will be an integral member of the engineering team and be a key contributor and influencer of AdGear’s information security and compliance program. As Senior Information Security Architect, you will be responsible for providing information security and compliance guidance, expertise and execution. Through your cross-functional interactions, you will be working with various departments across the organization. As well, in collaboration with other members of the engineering leadership team and through your deep technical background, you will shape and drive the security strategy for organization while providing strong technical leadership to the engineering team with the goal of ensuring the reliability and security of the organization's systems.
- Establish and manage Information Security strategies, policies, roadmaps and budgets based on industry standards.
- Lead the monitoring and implementation of both the system development and processes for privacy and data protection compliance.
- Auditing internal compliance to data usage permissions in conformity with third party agreements, certifications and regulations
- Participate in the architecture and design of secure systems
- Define, communicate, and train security best practices for software development
- Collaboration cross-functionally including with internal and external privacy legal teams for review and validations of data usage, sharing, processing and storage
- Partners with business and legal to understand and develop a response to supplier / customer requirements and inquiries.
- Develop, implement, train and audit information security policies and procedures.
- Respond to, process and advise in relation to data breaches and Data Subject Access requests.
- Establishing data breach process and training
- Perform information security risk assessments for projects and initiatives for assigned lines of business within the enterprise
- Identify process improvements, manage metrics associated with the service and assist in documentation processes and procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/O R EXPERIENCE
- 15+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of data protection and privacy laws in Europe with a proven track record of implementing best practices for GDPR data protection compliance
- Demonstrable knowledge of data protection and privacy laws of the US and other international jurisdictions
- Software development background & extensive experience with hands-on involvement in the security aspect of software architecture and data processes.
- Experience in application security, software security, cryptography, network security or system security
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, legal, operations and third parties in data
- privacy related initiatives
- Experience advising a multinational business on privacy and data protection compliance
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring an enterprise Information Security and IT Risk Management program
- Industry standard security certifications a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions.
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program