AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of Old Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung means that we get to work on big and complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
What you’ll do
The candidate will be joining the AdGear Montreal office to lead the IT support needs of it’s growing 100+ user base. Based locally but working closely with the Global Samsung IT Team, the Senior IT Support Technician will be the main point of contact locally on all IT related areas. The chosen individual will have exceptional troubleshooting, customer service and communications skills and will be the expert at supporting a hybrid MS Windows/Mac user base of a growing team of more than 100 members. The individual will apply and maintain policies both technical and operational as well as be the on-site contact for remote IT infrastructure support teams including Windows and Unix Servers, Networking, Security, Storage, & Virtualization. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working closely with Engineering and Infrastructure teams.
In this position, the chosen candidate is expected to have a hands-on, problem-solving approach to managing and troubleshooting environments, and a friendly human-facing side to communicate and manage staff expectations. It is also expected that the individual is able to manage medium/long term foundational projects along with day-to-day operational support.
- Under limited supervision of the Head of Operations, engage all levels of local internal customers within the office to support the identification and resolution of IT issues with existing and potential hardware, software and network environments.
- Provide level 2 & level 3 IT support to the users. Leading investigations/troubleshooting when a problem does not yet have known mitigations or solutions, including hardware, software, configuration, or networking issues
- Provide level 1 IT support as-needed based on team sizing & availability
- Provide the job training and mentoring to IT Support Technicians on standard work processes, troubleshooting, technical know-how and being the point of escalation
- Liaise with the Global Samsung IT Team as a point of escalation in the troubleshooting and remediation of local issues as well for collaborating on standard work processes and tools across teams (bring their best practices and policies to AdGear, as well as representing AdGear’s needs back upstream)
- Responsible for implementing the necessary local network monitoring tools and overseeing the monitoring and troubleshooting work
- Answers technical support requests and proceeds with incidents resolutions;
- Liaise with vendors for IT procurement needs and res the IT order management process
- Manages IT-side of user equipment lifecycle, including onboarding and upgrades
- Implement formalized processes to help ongoing and future IT team operations
- Support add/move/change requests - including desktops/laptops, printers, and other peripherals
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and particularly stressful situations;
- IT/Operation, inventory tracking and management;
- Provides preventive and corrective maintenance of workstation and software programs;
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Related education/certification
- Solid working and diagnostic knowledge of networking principles such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP(s), etc., routers, switches, WLAN’s and IP telephony
- Strong technical knowledge of MS Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OSX
- Solid experience in PC and MAC hardware/software installations and issue resolutions
- Nice to have: Linux usage/admin experience
- Demonstrated experience with WiFi networks
- Solid working experience in installing and integrating new hardware
- Experience in monitoring network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency) and test for weakness
- Active Directory management experience
- Experience working with Engineering user teams as well as collaborating with Network Engineering teams in troubleshooting
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and debugging IT systems
- Experience with IT inventory management and control
- Experience with IT budget management
- Good communication skills and capacity/willingness to work in a multi-teams environment.
- Be resourceful, inventive and passionate about Internet technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly;
- A "can-do" attitude and comfortable managing competing priorities to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced and stressful environment;
- Be proactive, addressing potential problems before they occur;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Problem-solving outlook
- Experience managing IT projects
- Ability to prioritize & work well under pressure
- A strong sense of responsibility and initiative and an ability to complete tasks accurately
- Excellent communications skills in English & French, verbal and written.
What’s in it for you?
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions.
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts web site
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program