AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in Downtown Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first-party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
What you’ll do:
AdGear is looking for exceptional software engineering managers to join our growing team. If you are a natural leader, like working in a technically stimulating and challenging environment, and thrive on making a significant impact within an organization then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of engineers. This includes working closely with technical leads, product owners, and engineers to drive towards a common vision. You will be expected to actively contribute to the technical feasibility evaluations in collaboration with the product team and the Head of Engineering, to determine the technical approach and action plan to deliver on set objectives with your team. As an Engineering Manager you will manage and drive the strategic direction for team leads, helping them in developing, task planning and leading both on the technical and organizational aspects.
The main responsibilities includes:
- Work with fast-paced initiatives, overseeing projects from idea conception and strategy development to deployment, production, and operations.
- Handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Partner with Product Management to own the Ads and Data Platform engineering roadmap.
- Align software engineering practices and products with measurable business objectives.
- Ensure that systems designed and developed meet and/or exceed expectations on scalability, execution speed, reliability and quality.
- Facilitate technical feasibility evaluations with technical leads.
- Execute and continuously improve intra-team process’ (weekly meeting, Agile, etc).
- Ensure established processes (for quality, security, et cetera) are followed by your team.
- Ensure timely resolution of critical production-affecting issues and communicating these efficiently.
- Hire, manage, and develop a professional staff of engineers
- Encourage team spirit and collaboration; organizing team meetings for knowledge exchange, team building, and objectives updates and progress (2-way communication)
- Training and integration of all new team members; assigning mentors as necessary
- Working with the Head of Engineering in setting yearly performance objectives for each team member, following up on these objectives and participating in the yearly evaluation.
- Actively contributing and participating in the recruitment activities for new team members.
- Establishing tight communication: regular and frequent feedback processes with team members.
- Ensuring that information flows efficiently between your team and the rest of the organization as necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Formal degree (BS or MS) in CS, Math or technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Previous relevant experience as a Software Engineering Manager, Technical Director or Director of Engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years working in software engineering.
- Strong preference for experience working in ad tech (focus on server-side), data engineering and highly scalable web services.
- Strong knowledge of Agile project management principles and how it applies to software engineering practice from development to version control, code review, artifact creation, release management.
- Knowledge of ad technologies such as Data Management Platforms (DMPs), Demand-Side Platforms (DSPs), Supply-Side Platforms (SSPs), Ad Exchanges & Real Time Bidding (RTB) strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with open source development methodologies. Bonus points for ideas about how these techniques could be applied for internally developed tools and libraries.
What's in it for you?
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily.
- Virtual game nights
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things.
- Yoga in the office once a week.
- Referral bonus.
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions.
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website.
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage.
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance.
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%.