AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of Downtown Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first-party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
What you’ll do:
As an integral part of the Human Resources team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) will partner with the Talent Acquisition Lead and Hiring Managers to develop innovative and diverse recruiting strategies to meet the needs of the business and to find our future colleagues that reflect our values and culture.
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Lead, the TAS is primarily responsible for the full recruitment cycle and candidate experience for positions in their client group: posting jobs, sourcing, screening resumes, interviewing candidates, managing offers and providing guidance to Hiring Managers. However, other HR related activities and tasks, such as Onboarding New Hires, will also be assigned.
- Personally drive a full life cycle recruitment process for assigned positions: maintain an updated pipeline of qualified and potential candidates, execute pre-screening and/or final phone/face to face interviews, coordinating and attending career fairs; screening resumes and applications for suitability; conducting initial screening interviews, making hiring recommendations based upon the eligibility criteria provided, etc.;
- Marketing/Advertising: Increasing the brand to reach a broader and wider market of candidates; finding new, innovating and creative ways to make an appealing and desirable company to work for, especially outside of our immediate industry;
- Foster positive manager and candidate experience;
- Responsible for providing current recruitment knowledge and trends within the market;
- Works closely with the team leads to identify and make recommendations to recruitment needs;
- Suggests proper channels for approaching the right caliber candidate;
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition Lead and ensure that resumes are being sourced through various recruitment channels;
- Support the team with weekly updates on recruitment progress;
- One of the point of contacts for Recruitment inquiries from employees and managers (policies & programs);
- Advise and support Hiring Managers during entire candidate experience;
- Collaborate with HR on special projects and other HR initiatives (Newsletter, etc.);
- Onboarding of New Hires: Help Managers prepare for new hire arrivals (buddy, training plan, etc.) and participate in onboarding program (communication, presentation, etc.);
- Support Managers through the process of employee departures (process and coordination, etc.);
- Participate in the development and/or recommendation of tools and other activities on efficiency;
- Promote and ensure that our culture and values are an integral part of our recruitment and HR practices, policies and initiatives;
- Provide reports and analytics on Recruitment related metrics (time to fill, open positions, etc.);
- Performs various administrative tasks related to recruitment and HR;
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and recruitment, etc.;
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years of Technical recruitment experience (IT, Technical & Software Development roles)
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, CHRP designation is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong relationships
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both English and French
- Computer literacy, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and experience with Applicant Tracking tools
- Good team player but able to work well independently and with minimal supervision
- Expert knowledge of Internet search tools/techniques (Linkedin, Indeed, Facebook etc) and state-of-the-art sourcing and recruiting of both passive and active candidates.
- Thorough knowledge of the entire recruiting life cycle coupled with high candidate presentation to offer acceptance ratios.
- Strong communication, organizational, evaluation, and negotiation skills.
- Solid business and human resource acumen coupled with a strong sense of urgency and drive for results
- Strong project management experience combined with ability to problem solve and influence at all levels of the organization
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-focused attitude, resourceful, flexible and adaptable
- Sound judgement and ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Understanding of HR best practices and thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- And most importantly, must have a good sense of humour!
Location and working conditions
While our employees are currently working remotely, and before any return to our beautiful office located downtown Montreal, we are taking extra cared steps to ensure a smooth experience for any new employee joining our wonderful organization:
- Tailored virtual onboarding plan sent prior to your start date
- IT equipment & Samsung Ads Welcome Swag kit delivered to your doorstep
We have adapted our benefits & perks as currently the following:
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Minimum start of 16 vacation days with additional flex days
- Access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition)
- Access to employee assistance program
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual companies get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!)
- Virtual yoga once per week
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
About AdGear culture…
- We promote autonomy, ownership, and accountability. Everyone is a leader at Samsung Ads, taking initiative with confidence.
- Our differences make a difference, and we are part of a collaborative team that values different opinions, thoughts, and ideas.
- We conduct ourselves with mutual respect, authenticity, and empathy. We act with thoughtful intention to make the right decisions
- We are dynamic individuals who care about results. We celebrate the hard work and recognize achievements. We love what we do.
- We embrace the open source movement and actively support the open source community
- We foster a culture of teamwork and ideation, and embrace challenges through a creative and innovative approach.