Samsung Ads l AdGear is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We’re looking to add a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst to the team!
This role is to be based out of Montreal, QC. Any roles based in Montreal will follow a hybrid work model.
Are you someone who enjoys networking and security with incident response experience? Do you enjoy troubleshooting, acting as the frontline of defense and have an interest in keeping up with new threats? Are you organized, empathetic and have the skill to communicate calmly, clearly and empathetically when an issue arises? Check out our opportunity below!
About our ‘Security Team’
Our team is responsible of protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our assets. We use bleeding edge security tools to monitor and defend information systems. The team is composed of passionate and dynamic members working in agile environment.
What you will do
This position manages and monitors cybersecurity events, performs incident responses and security analysis. Candidates will possess strong technical analytical skills while providing accurate analysis of security-related problems. They have a well–rounded networking background and are responsible for performing extensive troubleshooting of issues in the SOC. The individual is user focused and works to resolve user needs in a timely manner. These needs involve resolving hardware/software failures, investigating and responding to security threats, and making change requests to the security policy of devices.
This role reports into the Information Security Manager.
- Monitor the SOC tools for security events.
- Log collection, incident and threat detection
- Evidence collection, threat and risk management
- Document and maintain a knowledge base of alarms (false positives and false negatives, blacklists, whitelists) that IDS and IPS encounter.
- Review security-related events, assessing severity, criticality and priority
- Serve as work area experts for security/information assurance policy recommendations.
- Gather intelligence from sources outside the SOC (both internal and external sources) and leverage for operations.
- Ensure security events and incidents are detected and escalated in a timely manner.
- Provide analysis and investigation to determine if alerts or security events warrant incident classification
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience relevant to network security with relevant industry certifications.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in a Network support and or Network operations role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Background in networking or security to include intrusion detection/prevention.
- Strong English communication skills – written, verbal and speaking; French is an asset.
- Experience with information security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Use network investigation tools to identify vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge and experience with user devices, LAN topologies, network equipment, and server operating systems, in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of security applications such as IDS, IPS, SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) and anomaly detection tools.
- Cybersecurity incident response and handling.
- Network attacks and a network attack’s relationship to both threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge security best practices for AWS services : IAM, Cloud Trail, GuardDuty, S3, EC2,…
Nice to haves
- Understanding of network management concepts and software, including SNMP (Preferred but not required).
- Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) experience.
- A Plus: Security +, SSCP and other technical security certifications (e.g. Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, Information Security Engineering Professional, Certification and Accreditation Professional, or equivalent certifications).
- Knowledge or experience using ‘Slack’, ‘G-Suite’ and ‘AWS’ .
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage, access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition), employee assistance program and Personal & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Generous vacation days with additional flex days
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual companies get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!) & yoga once per week
- Open source days for software engineers
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
Life at Samsung Ads l AdGear
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build an outstanding, world-class advertising organization with a relentless focus on design and customer experience, you've come to the right place.