Samsung Ads l AdGear is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We're looking for a Senior Developer - SRE/DevOps Specialist to join the team!
This role is to be based out of Montreal, QC, or Remote – Canada.
What you’ll do
The Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for ensuring that AdGear’s platform services are designed, implemented, deployed, and operated with availability, performance, and scalability in mind.
The ideal candidate has deep knowledge and a strong interest in process automation, observability, software-defined infrastructure, and approaches it from the perspective of a software engineer. Challenges of globally distributed services, deciding what and when a state should be shared, and simulating failure scenarios should drive you. On top of that, you will have the opportunity to work with some incredibly talented and passionate developers with a solid technical background to provide products and services to a broader engineering organization.
- Empowering your development team with tooling and automation, including CI/CD
- Being the Infrastructure and Operation subject matter expert in your team
- Contributing to the global SRE practice
- Co-architect new services, including failure tolerance and self-healing by-design, as well as establishing clear scaling-out paths
- Evaluating and benchmarking new solutions, establishing capacity and growth plans
- Implementing deployment and configuration strategies for new services, including provisioning resources, and go-live
- Administration of services, whether built in-house or from external vendors
- Continuous optimization of services on all layers (hardware, software) for high performance
- Continuous improvement of internal services for ease of packaging, configuration, and deployment
- Monitoring of all critical services, sharing pager duty, troubleshooting, and addressing problems as they arise (including any needed changes in code, topology, resources, or configuration)
- Backup/DR implementation, plans, documentation, and exercises
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Strong expertise administrating and scaling Kubernetes native applications
- Strong expertise in building and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Relevant software engineering experience with at least one language (Go, Ruby, Python) along with strong coding capabilities
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Have a solid foundation in systems programming, computer science, and software engineering
- Strong Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills, including solid knowledge of how the various components work (kernel, CPU, memory, disk, network)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform and custom modules)
- Experience working in microservices environments
- Strong reading, written, and verbal communication skills in English; French is an asset
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo and willingness to learn new programming languages
- Strong prioritization skills and resolves issues in a timely manner with an ability to work autonomously, multi-task, and in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Be proactive, address potential issues before they occur, and maintain strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to make things better and lead solutions that remove technical pain points and facilitate growth
Nice to Have:
- Appetite for learning - be resourceful, inventive, and passionate about technologies
- AdTech industry knowledge or experience
- CKA, CKD or CKS certifications
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage, access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition), employee assistance program, and Personal & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team, and personal objectives
- Generous vacation days with additional flex days
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Monthly virtual social committee-led activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual get-togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!) & yoga once per week.
- Open source days for software engineers
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons, and promotions
- Amazing discounts through the Samsung Employee Discounts website
Life at Samsung Ads l AdGear…
We are proud to have built a world-class organization grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build an outstanding, world-class advertising organization with a relentless focus on design and customer experience, you've come to the right place and apply now or share with a friend!