Samsung Ads l AdGear is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We’re looking to add a Front-end Developer - React to the Reporting & Insights team.
This role will be based in Montreal/Toronto and/or Remote Canada. Any roles based in Montreal/Toronto will follow a hybrid work model.
About Reporting & Insights
Our group is responsible for developing a cohesive set of powerful reporting & insights features to empower our service and analytics teams, as well as inform our customers. Our playground includes reporting facilities and dashboards to serve both internal and external users as well as various ETL pipelines ingesting 1 terabyte of data per hour, around the clock.
Our tech stack includes a mixture of Java/Scala, Python, Rails, React, Typescript, Concourse, Docker and Kubernetes, where our UI is driven by a web application built with Typescript/React on top of a Rails/GraphQL API and PostgreSQL database, while our reporting API is written in Java, built on Dropwizard backed by PostgreSQL (alongside Vertica).
What You'll Do
- Guide the direction of our technology stack to improve performance, scalability and maintainability
- Investigate and fix performance issues throughout our systems which include our Services and dependencies
- Contribute to open source software to improve our external dependencies
- Flesh out and iterate on requirements in collaboration with the product team
- Get involved in and participate actively to the Scrum ceremonies
Why You'll be Motivated to Apply:
- You will be working with experienced, passionate software developers as part of the Report & Insights group within a broader engineering organization with a strong technical culture.
- You will put your skills to good use and have the chance to learn or gain more knowledge of other programming languages.
- You enjoy building things.
- You value craftsmanship in software.
- You enjoy reading code, and you're probably in the habit of reading the source for your dependencies. You love collaborating with and mentoring others.
What You Need to Succeed in this Role:
- An eye for detail and interest in UI/UX
- Have a solid foundation in software engineering and web development
- An interest to mentor and grow the team through various channels (code review, talks, discussions, etc.) along with a passion for our mission (developing people), and can’t wait to have a positive impact on our team and our customers
- Continuous improvement is important! You look to enhance our development processes and methodologies while actively trying to pay back technical debt and extending their functionality
- You are no stranger to test automation, in fact you are reluctant to call something Code Complete unless it has decent test coverage
- Prioritization, organization and time management are key! Given a complex 3-month long body of work, you would be able to break that down into work units, estimate accurately, plan the work and execute it precisely within the expectations you’ve set with your team
- Experience managing code + pipelines and Docker are going to be a huge help
- You are passionate about what you do, you are a motivated self-starter and always learning and developing
- Strong English communication skills are required; French is an asset
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Spark, Airflow
- Interest/experience with functional programming
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage, access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition), employee assistance program and Personal & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Generous vacation days with additional flex days
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual company get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!) & yoga once per week
- Open source days for software developers
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
Life at Samsung Ads l AdGear...
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build an outstanding, world-class advertising organization with a relentless focus on design and customer experience, you've come to the right place and apply now or share with a friend!