AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of downtown Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first-party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
The Contract Manager will be the central point between several corporate legal counsels, engineering, business operations, and product teams. They will be responsible to ensure the completion of contractual documents allowing for the on-boarding of new partners, compliance in new and existing territories, and through changes in our technical stack, with an emphasis on data security and privacy regulations. They will also be assessing the existing partnerships on an annual basis. Collaborating with the Operations team on different initiatives and/or projects as well as other duties may be required.
Collaborating closely with regional and AdGear legal counsels with regards to contracts, amendments, and compliance for new and existing partners/vendors as well as working with partners/vendors to monitor, raise issues and have amendments signed (follow ups and redlines), more specifically:
New and existing partnerships & internal agreements:
- Work with Business Development & Product Managers during partner on-boarding assessment
- Notify all impacted regional legal counsels of points of interest in the partnership agreement
- Follow-ups to have contracts closed
Technical stack evolution:
- Involvement with architecture, infrastructure, product and engineering to keep track of changes in the tech stack
- Identify in all contracts the sections that need to be amended based on changes that took place in the tech stack (both global and local perspective)
Changes in territory regulations and expansion to new territory:
- High-level monitoring of data privacy regulation changes in existing territories
- Identify sections of all contracts impacted by regulation changes to local legal and relevant privacy counsel
- Involvement in assessment of the technology to use in a new territory (timeline optimization)
- Work with local legal and GPO to determine all sections of applicable agreements that would need amendments
- Annual assessments of existing partnerships based on knowledge of existing relationships, cost to maintain relationship, and value to the business
- On Boarding: Management of the partner on-boarding process
- Termination Compliance: ensuring termination is done in compliance with contractual obligations (e.g., data retention, clearance, ...)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in business or other relevant academic background
- Ability to manage a high volume of contracts negotiations with multiple stakeholders in fast paced environment
- Building and maintaining relationship skills with vendors/partners
- Strong commercial contracts drafting, reviewing, and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to persuade and/or influence decisions
- Exceptional organizational and management skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Excellent technical knowledge and abilities
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in either commercial transactions, contract drafting & reviewing and negotiating data security clauses
- Prior data security, data privacy regulation (GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA) preparedness experience is required
- Experience with MSAs, SOWS, procurement agreements, etc.
- Experience with managing service providers, vendors, etc. for technology companies and compliance with new requirements
- Previous large law firm training, or in-house counsel experience with tech companies and/or clients
What's in it for you?
- Virtual Yoga class once a week
- Referral bonus
- Discounts with several partners and vendors- Perkopolis
- Samsung Employee Discounts for Samsung Products
- Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage