AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of Old Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first-party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers a high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
What you'll do
As a member of the product ownership team, you will report to a Senior Technical Product Manager. The chosen candidate will be joining AdGear at an exciting time of growth and opportunities, where product owners are key contributors to the evolution of the core platform. As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for and own the product backlog. Working closely with a dedicated scrum team made of developers, designers, and scrum masters, you will prioritize, refine, and deliver the solutions to opportunities identified by the Product Managers. You will be an expert in your digital properties and improve them to meet the changing needs of our customer base.
- Contribute to the AdGear Trader platform.
- Lead a dedicated scrum team through the delivery of features on the AdGear platform.
- Work with stakeholders to turn initiatives into backlog.
- Prioritize feature delivery and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Coordinate with other product owners.
- Develop a collaborative environment for the scrum team.
- Ship valuable and high quality work.
- Define and maintain clear stories.
- Drive iterations goals and content.
- Accept stories as done.
- Act as a key player in the different events of the development cycle: daily scrums, team demos and retrospectives.
Who you are:
- Enjoy working on complex technologies.
- Creative, analytical, curious and team-player.
- Capable of managing many stakeholders across different cities and countries.
- Proficient in quantifying value and effort and possess a sound framework to justify backlog prioritization.
- A great communicator that can inspire their team by conveying the vision and business value.
- Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum format.
- Contribute to product vision and roadmap.
- Available to the scrum team to clarify requirements and make decisions.
What we are expecting of you:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or in any other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in software development team and 3 year as PO in Agile environment.
- Experience with agile product management software (Jira, Pivotal Tracker, etc.).
- Accurately and efficiently communicate complex ideas, concepts and design decisions.
- Good communication in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in tech or Ad Tech industry is a valuable asset.
- Strong knowledge of Agile development practices, methodologies and tools.
- Certified Product Owner is an asset.
What’s in it for you?
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions.
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program