AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of Old Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
What you’ll do
The Data Analyst in this position possesses a combination of both software engineering and research/analytical skills. The ideal candidate has some software engineering skills, and thrives on asking “what if ?”. This means developing ad-hoc queries/tooling/investigations to answer business/technical/efficiency questions that are outside of the day-to-day scope of most product feature work.
The position sits at the intersection of the AdGear Product, Service, and Engineering teams. You’ll be working to serve directed analysis queries by these teams, as well as encouraged to spearhead your own initiatives that can evaluate and validate opportunities for improvement across AdGear’s various systems.
Relevant advertising industry experience is useful, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
- Analysis of aggregate reports (within AdGear’s platform and from third-parties)
- Analysis of raw data within AdGear’s subsystems
- Analysis of market and ecosystem metrics, producing insights, recommendations and distilling best-practices
- Educating team members and customers on strategies and best practices
- Software development, using various APIs, for ad-hoc reports, dashboards, projects, and process automations
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong SQL Skills, ability to perform effective querying and analysis of data from multiple sources.
- Full competency in at least 1 software development language (Ruby/Python/Scala/etc…), including a solid grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Experience analyzing and manipulating data in various formats – plain text or binary, output streams, SQL databases, Big Data warehouses such as HDFS/S3, Kafka
- Experience as end-user on linux servers, including starting jobs, scheduling, monitoring output, etc…
- Experience doing data extraction, transformation, and reporting using various low-level and high-level tools
- Experience with source control system, ideally git
- Experiencing producing data visualizations, presenting and discussing findings
- High level of attention to detail
- Quick learner, critical thinker and analytical problem solver
- You have a track record of making things better, questioning and improving the status quo
- You enjoy working with others who are smart and passionate about building useful, reliable, performant products
- Experience with dashboarding tools?
- Nice to have: experience with AWS and related services (e.g., EC2, Athena, Lambda, Airflow)
- Proficiency in multiple flavours of SQL (Postgres, RedShift, etc)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- A "can-do" attitude
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Machine learning experience is a nice to have.
What’s in it for you?
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions.
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program