Product Designer- 1 year contract
AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an advanced Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of downtown Montreal. AdGear/Samsung Ads focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung Ads is an advanced advertising platform where advertisers find and connect with audiences across over 100M Samsung Households around the world. Samsung Ads delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory. Using our data, insights, and scale, we help advertisers reach consumers across CTV, our native apps, mobile and desktop. With Samsung Ads, advertisers can buy the way they want, reach who they need, and prove business results.
Our purpose is to deliver unparalleled results for our customers. By using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform, Samsung Ads is uniquely positioned to transform the advertising landscape. We deliver on Samsung Electronics’ 51-year commitment to excellence through smart, easy, effective advertising solutions to make advanced video advertising work.
What you’ll do
As a Product Designer you will collaborate in design work across entire sections of Samsung Ads’ advertisement platforms. You will create intuitive, accessible and easy to use workflows as well as collaborate with the Product and Engineering team to support the product roadmap.
You will report to the Product Design Manager.
- Lead end-users and stakeholders interviews to understand their current workflows and pain points in order to identify their needs.
- Collaborate with the product team to define business and product requirements in order to define relevant users’ journey map, steps and tasks to fullfill their needs.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness on complex UX problems.
- Work closely with other designers, product managers and developers to conceptualize wireframes and prototypes covering workflows/steps/tasks for both internal and external users.
- Iterate on designs to arrive at the final product while respecting the Samsung Ads Design System.
- Propose & develop new components and workflows when current ones do not answer the user needs, data and/or technical requirements.
- Collaborate with engineering to find creative solutions while understanding technical framework possibilities.
- Understand Agile sprint process and effort prioritisation.
- Validate concepts via user testing and evaluate user feedback to validate the product value with stakeholders.
- Iterate alternative concepts based on the feedback.
- Contribute to product vision and support the roadmap.
- Contribute pro-actively into platform-wide UX improvement initiatives.
- Advocate user-centered design concepts to product and engineering teams.
- Ensure the product is useful, usable and delightful!
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Are passionate about Design and the importance of craft in the creative process.
- Have a very strong ability to think out of the box.
- Applied knowledge of User-Centered Design methodology; spanning across user research, ideation, prototyping and testing.
- Can empathize with users to understand their pain points and address their needs.
- Are a proactive self-starter who can work independently
- Are capable of working with stakeholders and users across different cities, countries and time zones.
- Have good project management skills.
- Can accurately communicate complex ideas, concepts and design decisions.
- Able to support and defend design decisions with quantitative and qualitative arguments
- Enjoy working on complex problems and technologies; this is AdTech, not smoothie configurators!
- You possess a Bachelor or Master degree in UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Digital Media, New Media, Graphic Design or other relevant fields.
- You have at least two years of experience in user experience design, product design or interaction design.
- You have solid experience with wireframing, low-fidelity prototypes, and high-fidelity interactive prototypes.
- You have solid experience in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
- You have some experience in user research and user testing tools such as Optimal Workshop, Maze, InVision, etc.
- You have a strong aptitude in using existent applicable Design System components and creating new ones when required.
- You have some experience interviewing customers, organizing focus groups, and synthesizing insights.
- You have strong experience in problem solving through User Centered Design (UCD) approach.
- You are comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum sprint format.
- You have a portfolio of completed UX/UI projects, ideally structured by case studies.
- You have some experience in SAAS or AdTech industry (nice to have).
The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and effectively handle working across different teams and priorities. The candidate should have an entrepreneurial mind-set, taking ownership in creating opportunities, aligning to the yearly plan but also being flexible to take advantage of new opportunities.
If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build an outstanding, world-class advertising organization with a relentless focus on design and customer experience, you've come to the right place.
About our culture…
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.