Test Automation Engineer
AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of Old Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
What you’ll do
AdGear is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join our rapidly growing software development team. If you are a motivated test automation engineer who is passionate about testing software and cares about the quality of our products, this may just be the role for you.
As the key member of an Agile team, you will be responsible for ensuring all the software components and applications meet or exceed the highest quality standards. You will participate in both automated and manual testing of the software components. You will also take part in the advancement of an automated testing framework to increase our test coverage. You should have hands-on experience with multiple testing activities including but not limited to functional, regression and automated testing. Frontend and usability testing will also be required.
- Participate in the development of automated test scripts and tooling that address test areas such as functional, regression, performance, reliability, security and usability testing.
- Research new QA automation tools, technologies, and frameworks to ensure that we are using the most effective tool set.
- Provide input towards developing an automation strategy.
- Work closely with developers to assist in debugging, testing, and development of tools to help identify defects
- Log defects with clear reproduction steps and detail defect artifacts in our defect tracking system.
- Perform, when needed, manual testing including regression testing for each release cycle to ensure software meets business requirements and quality standards.
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives.
- Coach team members on testing tools and test techniques
- Assist the team in building and maintaining the frameworks needed to expand the test automation scope, and improve our CI delivery pipeline.
- Take a hands-on approach, orchestrate and participate in the testing activities including designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the SRE team and members of your Agile team in order to plan, deploy and run automated tests on our test environments.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Test Automation Engineer
- A background in working with test automation, including both running and implementing tests and test suites.
- Hands on experience with the industry leading test automation tools
- Experience with API testing tools
- Experience with load, stress and performance testing
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Understanding and experience in Agile Software Development Life Cycles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Ideally, competence in two or more programming languages/frameworks such as Java, Scala, Ruby, React, Python, Erlang, Rust or C.
- Proven experience testing web applications and API integrations
- Experience building and maintaining continuous integration platforms
- Proven track record in process improvement
- Experience in coaching and mentoring other Test Automation Engineers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about continuous learning and pushing for new and innovative tools and approaches to enhance quality
- Ability to drive unit, integration, system, stress and performance test plans and strategies
What’s in it for you?
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions.
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program