AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of Old Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
What you’ll do
As a key member of an engineering team, you will participate in designing, building and maintaining our automated test suites as well as executing manual testing for a client-facing web application used to configure and provide analytics of a high-volume real-time bidding platform. You’ll use your experience building and testing modern web applications to guide the team shape the software with quality and robustness in mind.
You will be working with experienced, passionate programmers as part of the application team within a broader engineering organization with a strong technical culture. The portfolio of some of our team members is available here: http://github.com/adgear/team
Our tech stack includes a mixture of technologies such as Typescript, React.js, Rails (GraphQL) API.
- Design, build and maintain the automated test suites supporting our web application
- Assist the team in building and maintaining our CD/CI pipeline
- Provide input towards developing an automation strategy
- Be the advocate for testability, drive best engineering practices and defect prevention
- Coach team members on testing tools and test techniques
- Work closely with developers to assist in debugging, testing and identify defects
- Log defects with clear reproduction steps in our tracking system
- Perform manual testing including regression testing for each release when needed
- Participate in Agile working practices
- 2+ years of experience as a Test Automation Engineer
- Experience designing, building and maintaining modern UI automated test suites
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with API testing tools
- Experience with load, stress and performance testing
- Experience testing applications built with React, Rails frameworks
- Experience working with Cypress or Selenium testing frameworks
- Experience designing, building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Passionate about continuous learning and pushing for new and innovative tools and approaches to enhance quality
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions.
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program