Senior UX Researcher
AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an advanced Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of downtown Montreal. AdGear/Samsung Ads focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung Ads is an advanced advertising platform where advertisers find and connect with audiences across over 100M Samsung Households around the world. Samsung Ads delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory. Using our data, insights, and scale, we help advertisers reach consumers across CTV, our native apps, mobile and desktop. With Samsung Ads, advertisers can buy the way they want, reach who they need, and prove business results.
Our purpose is to deliver unparalleled results for our customers. By using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform, Samsung Ads is uniquely positioned to transform the advertising landscape. We deliver on Samsung Electronics’ 51-year commitment to excellence through smart, easy, effective advertising solutions to make advanced video advertising work.
What you’ll do
As Senior UX Researcher, you will report to the Product Design Manager. You will lead UX research projects within the UX & Interaction Design Team. You will learn from users and improve the platform's holistic experience by better enabling them to deliver on their goals. You will participate in the design process with the rest of the awesome Product & Engineering team (Product Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers). You will contribute pro-actively into platform-wide UX improvement initiatives to ensure the product is useful, usable and delightful!
You’ll be motivated to apply if…
- You are passionate about UX, critical thinking, innovation and generally love data in all forms.
- You are curious. If you don’t understand, you keep asking. If you still don’t get it; no worries, neither did we at first. Ask for clarification; understanding and relevant workflows are only a few more question rounds away.
- You genuinely care about end-users. You want to interview them, understand their needs and synthesize them into actionable product requirements. You validate the design proposals with them while remaining receptive to their comments and documenting them.
- You can quickly synthesize business objectives and customer needs.
- You can develop a UX research approach, schedule, and detailed test plan for a given product scope.
- You can plan, recruit, script, facilitate, collect, analyze, and document usability data.
- You can identify and articulate potential usability issues both verbally and through documentation.
- You understand how to transform the data into prioritized, actionable recommendations.
- You can create persuasive succinct presentations with impactful storytelling geared towards UX team members, product managers, developers, and executives.
- You are detail-oriented and highly organized; able to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Interact with internal and external end-users.
- Be a multi-disciplinary team player who can quickly learn our AdTech organization's needs and culture.
- Take responsibility for leading qualitative, quantitative and usability-testing research initiatives that assist our team in making critical design decisions regarding current and future products.
- Leverage user insight, analytics, best practices, and competitor analysis to help guide product decisions.
- Be actively hands-on with all strategic and tactical activities for planning, executing, and analyzing user research initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify and implement opportunities to refine an overall user-centric process.
- Be professional, confident, outgoing, articulate, and can easily adapt to new situations, people, and environments.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- You are not afraid of data; this is AdTech, not a smoothie configurator.
- You obtained a Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field
- You have at least five years of hands-on experience conducting UX research, applying research to interactive design, prototyping, and product development for preferably with rich Web-based applications or platform-level tools.
- You are perfectly English & French bilingual.
- You are able to travel if required when pandemic-related restrictions are no longer in play.
- You built a portfolio of previous work, ideally structured by case-study.
- You have experience building new products and making existing ones better.
- You have in-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools.
- You have performed studies in field environments and remotely.
- You have used prototype user-testing tools such as InVision, Maze, or similar.
- You have used user session data-logging tools such as FullStory, Morae, Camtasia, or similar.
- You can demonstrate expertise in qualitative and quantitative data analysis methodologies such as heuristic evaluations, A/B and multivariate testing, analytics and KPIs, questionnaire development, survey evaluation, card sorting, ethnography/contextual inquiry, and everyone else in between!
The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and effectively handle working across different teams and priorities. The candidate should have an entrepreneurial mind-set, taking ownership in creating opportunities, aligning to the yearly plan but also being flexible to take advantage of new opportunities.
If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build an outstanding, world-class advertising organization with a relentless focus on design and customer experience, you've come to the right place.
About our culture…
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.