Samsung Ads l AdGear is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We’re looking to add an Accounting & Operations Analyst to the team to fill an 18 month maternity replacement
This role will be based in Montreal. Any roles based in Montreal will follow a hybrid work model.
The Accounting & Operations Analyst will play an essential role in supporting the Finance Team with daily tasks and executing a broad range of financial activities, such as corporate accounting, financial reporting, as well as active involvement in the operations side of the business. Additionally, in collaboration with the several teams involved, the Accounting & Operations Analyst will continually suggest ways to streamline all operations and finance processes.
What you’ll do
- Gather information for new client onboarding.
- Responsible for billing reconciliation, client invoicing, and maintain accounting books as well as attending to client inquiries re: any billing related discrepancies
- Follow up on receivables and ensure timely collection of payment, process incoming mail from clients and vendors and post daily deposits and clients’ payments in the ledger.
- Prepare purchase orders, match vendors’ invoices to purchase orders and record in payables, handle bank deposits
- Maintain and monitor vendor agreements for pricing and volume discounts.
- Review employees’ expense reports and credit card reconciliation.
- Maintain accounting and tax ledgers and prepare update reports as needed.
- Booking journal entries as needed.
- Assist with month end and year end closing activities, month end accruals, prepayment and depreciation.
- Update departmental reports for Actual cost vs budget (Teams, Social, Tech, Infra, data).
- Review expenses for missing costs and ensure adequate accruals are booked.
- Maintain assets list, calculate monthly amortization and update list for disposals.
- Help with intercompany cost recharge.
- Keep up with daily bank transactions and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain renewal schedules for vendors’ services, licenses, insurances and conduct price comparison
- Perform other accounting tasks and reports production as necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role (requirements):
- 4+ years of relevant experience in accounting, finance or other combined experience
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- Experience with accounting related software (Sage)
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Ease in understanding Business Operations and process documentation.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving & time management skills
- Good capacity to set priorities and manage tasks independently to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills, written and oral, in English and functional in French.
Nice to Haves (assets):
- Experience with Concur
- Experience in Digital Ads / Ad Tech Industry
Life at SamsungAds l AdGear…
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage, access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition), employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Generous vacation days with additional flex days
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual company get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!) & yoga once per week
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website