AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in Downtown Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first-party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
Engineering Manager (Supply Access and Optimization)
About Supply Access and Optimization
Our group is responsible for managing, growing and optimizing product access to high-quality programmatic ads supply to effectively, intelligently and safely satisfy demand. We are responsible for handling more than a million bid requests per second and over a billion per day across multiple data centres.
What you’ll do:
AdGear is looking for exceptional software engineering managers to join our growing team. If you are a natural leader, like working in a technically stimulating and challenging environment, and thrive on making a significant impact within an organization then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of engineers. This includes working closely with technical leads, product owners, and engineers to drive towards a common vision within Supply Access and Optimization. You will be expected to actively contribute to the technical feasibility evaluations in collaboration with the product team and the engineering management team, to determine the technical approach and action plan to deliver on set objectives with your team. As an Engineering Manager you will manage and drive the strategic direction for your team, helping them in developing, task planning and leading both on the technical and organizational aspects.
The main responsibilities includes:
- Actively participating in Agile/Scrum ceremonies as a facilitator and enabler.
- Ensuring training and integration of all new team members; assigning mentors as necessary.
- Organizing team meetings for knowledge exchange, team building, and objectives updates and progress.
- Actively contributing and participating in the recruitment activities for new team members.
- Actively participating in domain and engineering alignment meetings
- Establishing tight, open, honest, and candide communication: regular and frequent feedback processes with team members.
- Ensuring that information flows efficiently between your team and the rest of the organization as necessary.
- Setting yearly performance objectives for each team member, following up on these objectives and participating in the yearly evaluation.
- Ensuring timely resolution of critical production-affecting issues and communicating these efficiently to stakeholders.
- Ensuring engineering practices are adopted, owned, followed by the team.
- Making sure that engineering and products objectives/deliverables are aligned with measurable business goals.
- Facilitating technical feasibility evaluations.
- Driving continuous quality improvement initiative.
- Formal degree (BS or MS) in CS, Math or technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Previous relevant experience as a Software Engineering Manager, Technical Director or Director of Engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, and infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of both Agile and DevOps principles and how it applies to software engineering practices.
- Strong preference for experience working in ad tech (focus on server-side), system engineering and highly scalable web services.
- Knowledge of ad technologies such as Data Management Platforms (DMPs), Demand-Side Platforms (DSPs), Supply-Side Platforms (SSPs), Ad Exchanges & Real Time Bidding (RTB) strongly preferred.
Location and working conditions
While our employees are currently working remotely, and before any return to our beautiful office located downtown Montreal, we are taking extra cared steps to ensure a smooth experience for any new employee joining our wonderful organization:
- Tailored virtual onboarding plan sent prior to your start date
- IT equipment & Samsung Ads Welcome Swag kit delivered to your doorstep
We have adapted our benefits & perks as currently the following:
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage
- Personal spending account & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Minimum start of 16 vacation days with additional flex days
- Access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition)
- Access to employee assistance program
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual companies get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!)
- Virtual yoga once per week
- Open source days for software engineers
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
About AdGear culture…
- We promote autonomy, ownership, and accountability. Everyone is a leader at Samsung Ads, taking initiative with confidence.
- Our differences make a difference, and we are part of a collaborative team that values different opinions, thoughts, and ideas.
- We conduct ourselves with mutual respect, authenticity, and empathy. We act with thoughtful intention to make the right decisions
- We are dynamic individuals who care about results. We celebrate the hard work and recognize achievements. We love what we do.
- We embrace the open source movement and actively support the open source community
- We foster a culture of teamwork and ideation, and embrace challenges through a creative and innovative approach.