AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of downtown Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an Enterprise Architect, you will be working with the Samsung Ads Product and Engineering teams to ensure that that platform as a whole, and its key individual components, are built to operate at high performance, availability and maintainability standards. You will be key in proposing and driving the vision and approach when building new components, documenting the architecture at various granularities, and guiding and supporting the development, acceptance and productionization.
Relevant advertising industry experience is useful, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
- Architecting new components and systems based on internal requirements, with appropriate mix of top-down declaration and bottom-up collaboration
- Re-architecting existing components to address growth/performance/scalability challenges, including migration and change management
- Analyzing and constructively critiquing architectures and designs by peers
- Research and evaluation of best-of-breed technologies to inform architecture decisions, especially build-vs-buy and cost/benefit analysis
- Maintaining up-to-date architecture documentation and flows as it relates to components, data, and their interdependencies
- Providing consultancy and guidance to engineering teams as they build and/or evaluate components
- Provide consultancy during component testing and productionization to ensure fidelity against agreed-on architecture and acceptance criteria
- Providing consultancy and guidance to non-engineering teams, such as product, privacy and governance, regarding component and data behaviors and characteristics
- Participate in internal training to improve knowledge of both existing components and general architecture best-practices
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Software development background strongly preferred
- 5+ years of working experience in an architect role (either primary or secondary)
- Strong expertise across broad computer science fundamentals: Hardware, operating systems, software, data structures, and networking
- Expertise designing and/or operating globally distributed systems in production
- Expertise designing and/or operating big data systems
- Exceptionally strong communicator, especially in ability to discuss low-level engineering-facing details and high-level product-facing attributes
- Comfortable presenting and obtaining consensus using multiple methods: Written diagrams and text, in-person meetings, in-person and remote presentations, including occasional cross-office travel
- Hands-on experience and comfort with classical Software Development Life Cycle
- Hands-on experience with modern SDLC tooling including source control, reviewing, CI and CD
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- A "can-do" attitude
- You have a track record of making things better, questioning and improving the status quo
- You enjoy working with others who are smart and passionate about building useful, reliable, performant products
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions.
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program