AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of downtown Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung Ads is an intuitive audience platform that delivers meaningful experiences reaching the right audience across screens, formats and devices. With more than 50M Smart TVs and 200M connected devices, and the largest first party data set powered by ACR, we help marketers reach targets and enhance experiences that span digital landscapes. The business has grown 10x since 2015.
What you’ll do
As a senior data analyst/ developer in the Product Analytics teams, you will interface with various Product domains and business leaders. You will utilize your technical and analytical skills to draw meaningful insights from the available data at your disposal where they can be turned into actionable recommendations. You will be called to solve problems and answer questions through data to satisfy business needs. You will create recurring or ad-hoc reports and visualization dashboards.
- Synthesize raw data into actionable insights to drive business results, identify key trends and opportunities and report the findings in a simple, compelling way
- Design and maintain data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems
- Mining data from various sources, possibly reorganizing it in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine
- Preparing reports to effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Collaborating with PMs and Engineers to help identify opportunities for improvements based on data and conduct preliminary & exploratory analysis towards roadmap items
- Provide quantitative analysis and strategic insights to make smart, data-driven decisions
- Software development, using various APIs, for ad-hoc reports, dashboards, projects, and process automations
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant working experience as a data analyst
- Background in statistics will be an asset
- Strong SQL Skills, ability to perform effective querying and analysis of data from multiple sources.
- Full competency in at least 1 software development language (Python/Scala/etc…), including a solid grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Experience analyzing and manipulating data in various formats – plain text or binary, output streams, SQL databases, Big Data warehouses such as HDFS/S3, Kafka
- Experience as an end-user on linux servers, including starting jobs, scheduling, monitoring output, etc…
- Experience doing data extraction, transformation, and reporting using various low-level and high-level tools
- Experience with source control system, ideally git
- Experiencing producing data visualizations, presenting and discussing findings
- The ability to distill complex subjects and data into compelling and understandable writeups
- You have a track record of making things better, questioning and improving the status quo
- You enjoy working with others who are smart and passionate about building useful, reliable, performant products
- Experience with AWS and related services (e.g. Athena, Lambda, Airflow, EC2)
- Proficiency in multiple flavours of SQL (Postgres, RedShift, etc)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- High level of attention to detail
- A "can-do" attitude
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Location and working conditions
While our employees are currently working remotely, and before any return to our beautiful office located downtown Montreal, we are taking extra cared steps to ensure a smooth experience for any new employee joining our wonderful organization:
● Tailored virtual onboarding plan sent prior to your start date
● IT equipment & Samsung Ads Welcome Swag kit delivered to your doorstep
We have adapted our benefits & perks as currently the following:
● 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage
● Personal spending account & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
● Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
● Minimum start of 16 vacation days with additional flex days
● Access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition)
● Access to employee assistance program
● Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
● Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
● Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
● Virtual companies get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!)
● Virtual yoga once per week
● Open source days for software engineers
● Employee Referral Program
● Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
● Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
About AdGear culture…
- We promote autonomy, ownership, and accountability. Everyone is a leader at Samsung Ads, taking initiative with confidence.
- Our differences make a difference, and we are part of a collaborative team that values different opinions, thoughts, and ideas.
- We conduct ourselves with mutual respect, authenticity, and empathy. We act with thoughtful intention to make the right decisions
- We are dynamic individuals who care about results. We celebrate the hard work and recognize achievements. We love what we do.
- We embrace the open source movement and actively support the open source community
- We foster a culture of teamwork and ideation, and embrace challenges through a creative and innovative approach.