AdGear (belonging to the Samsung Ads business), is an Advertising Technology Company located in the heart of Old Montreal. AdGear focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media across all devices. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ad Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
What you’ll do
As a Scrum Master, you will be part of our Agile initiative and help improve our use of the methodology. You will work with multiple teams facilitating the Scrum and encouraging the members to adopt an improvement mindset. You are able to adapt Agile to the circumstances. You will also help the team to make projections about future work based on past performance. You will also work in conjunction with Product Management as well as other Scrum Masters in order to implement and grow the agile methodology while the different teams operate in a uniform manner. In this position, the chosen candidate is expected to have recent hands-on experience as a Scrum Master.
- Facilitating Scrum ceremonies meetings.
- Create and foster self-organizing and cross-functional teams
- Build a safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Help Product Owners ensure the product backlogs are in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
- Help Product Owners on segmenting the product, story mapping and clarifying the ideas
- Partner with Product Management to facilitate long-range estimation and planning
- Work closely with different stakeholders within the organization to ensure all interdependencies and impediments are addressed by either removing impediments or guiding the team to remove the impediments
- Assist with internal and external communication to improve transparency
- Help removing impediments at the organization level
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Certified Scrum Master a plus
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience in Scrum processes, tracking dependencies and conflict resolution techniques
- Good time management and the ability to influence and lead others without directing
- Expertise in working with Agile tools with an emphasis on JIRA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Experience in software development
- Ability to shield the Agile teams from outside distractions and interferences
- Experience with the fundamentals of servant leadership by serving their own team members before serving themselves
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines and strong attention to detail
As a good Scrum Master, you…
- thrive on responsibility without power
- can influence team members as well as those outside the team
- put the team’s needs above your own
- ensure a collaborative culture exists within the team
- are highly committed to the ultimate success of the team
What’s in it for you?
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program