AdGear is a Montreal-based advertising technology company that has been acquired by Samsung Electronics in 2016 and now part of Samsung Ads. Samsung Ads provides the holistic view advertisers need, in one platform that captures and connects real-time TV behaviors. With the largest, most comprehensive source of TV data, Samsung Ads delivers reach that scales and drives results.
AdGear is building a next generation ad platform for the new era of digital marketing. Our teams in Canada, the USA and Asia are working in close collaboration to develop a powerful end-to-end cross-media buying platform that will reinvent digital display advertising.
What you’ll do
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining ML pipelines. You will collaborate closely with our backend and data teams to build scalable ML solutions that can be leveraged by our bidding stack (high-performance, low-latency system). With the help of our SRE team you will productionize these solutions and help with monitoring their health (not on call). As a consequence, there will be opportunities to contribute to open source, conduct research and development, review code, and share knowledge.
As our first ML engineer you will be given freedom to decide on which ML technologies should be used (with proper justification). This is a unique opportunity to start fresh and build something from the ground up.
You will work with some incredibly talented and passionate developers within an engineering team with a strong technological background building the next generation of AdGear's administrative interfaces, ad decisioning, delivery, data processing and analytics systems.
This is us: https://github.com/adgear/team
In this position, the chosen candidate is expected to have a hands-on, problem-solving approach and a friendly human-facing side to communicate and manage expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS degree with 5 years’ experience or MS in Computer Science with 2 years’ experience.
- Knowledge in linear algebra, calculus, statistics, and optimization.
- Experience with statistical machine learning algorithms or deep learning algorithms.
- Experience with data collecting and cleaning (Kafka, Spark).
- Experience with a deep learning framework: TensorFlow or Torch or Keras.
- Experience with shipping real-world production systems
- Passionate about driving the performance of machine learning algorithms towards the state of the art, and in challenging us to continually improve what is possible.
- You have a track record of making things better and leading solutions that remove technical pain points and facilitate growth
- You enjoy working with others who are smart and passionate about building useful, reliable, performant products
- You can balance moving fast with breaking things, and you make sure you know how to fix them when they do break
- Good communication skills and capacity/willingness to work in a multi-teams environment.
- Be resourceful, inventive and passionate about technologies.
- You are eager to challenge the status quo and willing to learn new programming languages
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced and stressful environment;
- Be proactive, addressing potential problems before they occur;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills in English; French is an asset.
Location and working conditions
While our employees are currently working remotely, and before any return to our beautiful office located downtown Montreal, we are taking extra cared steps to ensure a smooth experience for any new employee joining our wonderful organization:
- Tailored virtual onboarding plan sent prior to your start date
- IT equipment & Samsung Ads Welcome Swag kit delivered to your doorstep
We have adapted our benefits & perks as currently the following:
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage
- Personal spending account & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Minimum start of 16 vacation days with additional flex days
- Access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition)
- Access to employee assistance program
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual companies get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!)
- Virtual yoga once per week
- Open source days for software engineers
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
What can you expect for your interview process?
Below is what it looks like from start to finish. Our promise is to keep communication open the entire way so you always know where you stand.
- A 30 min Pre Screen with our fabulous TA team.
- A 1 hour Culture Interview via Webex with our Engineering Manager and a team member.
We’ll use this time to simply get to know you as a person and hear more about your work experience. Some more technical questions may be asked to make sure you possess the minimum skills we think are required to accomplish the key objectives.
- And finally, the Offer presentation with HR and the Hiring Manager. Welcome to the team!
About AdGear culture…
- We promote autonomy, ownership, and accountability. Everyone is a leader at Samsung Ads, taking initiative with confidence.
- Our differences make a difference, and we are part of a collaborative team that values different opinions, thoughts, and ideas.
- We conduct ourselves with mutual respect, authenticity, and empathy. We act with thoughtful intention to make the right decisions
- We are dynamic individuals who care about results. We celebrate the hard work and recognize achievements. We love what we do.
- We embrace the open source movement and actively support the open source community
- We foster a culture of teamwork and ideation, and embrace challenges through a creative and innovative approach.
Apply now by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at adgear.com