AdGear is a Montreal-based advertising technology company that has been acquired by Samsung Electronics in 2016 and now part of Samsung Ads. Samsung Ads provides the holistic view advertisers need, in one platform that captures and connects real-time TV behaviors. With the largest, most powerful source of TV data, Samsung Ads delivers reach that scales and drives results.
AdGear, is building a next generation ad platform for the new era of digital marketing. Our teams in Canada, the USA and Asia are working in close collaboration to develop a powerful end-to-end cross-media buying platform that will reinvent digital display advertising.
What makes this job meaningful?
The campaign management domain is responsible for managing, growing and optimizing product access to high-quality programmatic ads supply to effectively, intelligently and safely satisfy demand. We are responsible for handling more than 106 bid requests per hour and over 109 per day across multiple data centres.
The domain is composed of 4 teams: Self-Serve is responsible to support our external customers, Media Business is responsible to support our internal customers, Mobile is responsible for gaming advertising and Targeting System is responsible for responding to bid requests.
The software Engineer is responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining components of a high-volume, distributed real-time bidding platform. This involves measuring and tuning high-performance, low-latency (soft-real-time) systems while working towards improved robustness and correctness. As a consequence, there will be opportunities to contribute to open source, conduct research and development, review code, participate in shaping our engineering practices and share knowledge. You will also interact on a day-to-day basis with a mix of Backend and Data Engineers.
Why You’ll Be Motivated To Apply…
- You will be working with experienced, passionate software developers as part of the Campaign Management group within a broader engineering organization with a strong technical culture.
- You enjoy building things.
- You value craftsmanship in software.
- You enjoy reading code, and you're probably in the habit of reading the source for your dependencies. You love collaborating with and mentoring others.
You Will Be Well Set To CRUSH This Role If…
- Have experience in multiple programming paradigms including functional programming
- Have a solid foundation in systems programming, computer science and software engineering
- Mentor and grow the team through various channels (code review, talks, discussions, etc.)
- Guide the direction of our technology stack to improve performance, scalability and maintainability
- Maintain and improve existing services which include actively trying to pay back technical debt and extending their functionality
- Participate in the design, implementation and testing of new services
- Investigate and fix performance issues throughout our systems which include our services, dependencies and kernel usage
- Criticize and improve our development processes and methodologies
- Contribute to open source software to improve our external dependencies
- Flesh out and iterate on requirements in collaboration with the product team
- Get involved in and participate actively to the Scrum ceremonies
Location and working conditions
While our employees are currently working remotely, and before any return to our beautiful office located downtown Montreal, we are taking extra cared steps to ensure a smooth experience for any new employee joining our wonderful organization:
- Tailored virtual onboarding plan sent prior to your start date
- IT equipment & Samsung Ads Welcome Swag kit delivered to your doorstep
We have adapted our benefits & perks as currently the following:
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage
- Personal spending account & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Minimum start of 16 vacation days with additional flex days
- Access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition)
- Access to employee assistance program
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual companies get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!)
- Virtual yoga once per week
- Open source days for software engineers
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
What can you expect for your interview process?
Below is what it looks like from start to finish. Our promise is to keep communication open the entire way so you always know where you stand.
- A 30 min Pre Screen with our fabulous TA team.
- A 1 hour Culture Interview via Webex with our Engineering Manager
We’ll use this time to simply get to know you as a person and hear more about your work experience
- A 1 hour Technical Screen via Webex.
We’ll use this time to make sure you possess the minimum skills we think are required to accomplish the key objectives.
- 2 hour meet in-depth Technical Interview or technical test to complete in your home.
We’ll dig into how you would go about accomplishing the objectives we shared for the role and your past experience doing similar work.
- And finally, the Offer presentation with HR and the Hiring Manager. Welcome to the team!
About AdGear culture…
- We promote autonomy, ownership, and accountability. Everyone is a leader at Samsung Ads, taking initiative with confidence.
- Our differences make a difference, and we are part of a collaborative team that values different opinions, thoughts, and ideas.
- We conduct ourselves with mutual respect, authenticity, and empathy. We act with thoughtful intention to make the right decisions
- We are dynamic individuals who care about results. We celebrate the hard work and recognize achievements. We love what we do.
- We embrace the open source movement and actively support the open source community
- We foster a culture of teamwork and ideation, and embrace challenges through a creative and innovative approach.