AdGear is a Montreal-based advertising technology company that has been acquired by Samsung Electronics in 2016 and now part of Samsung Ads. Samsung Ads provides the holistic view advertisers need, in one platform that captures and connects real-time TV behaviors. With the largest, most powerful source of TV data, Samsung Ads delivers reach that scales and drives results.
AdGear, is building a next generation ad platform for the new era of digital marketing. Our teams in Canada, the USA and Asia are working in close collaboration to develop a powerful end-to-end cross-media buying platform that will reinvent digital display advertising.
What makes this job meaningful?
The UX & Interaction Design Team works hard to:
- Create value by improving user experience (UX) of our product for users and stakeholders.
- Learn from users and improve the platform holistic experience by better enabling them to deliver on their advertising campaign goals.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering team to improve the product roadmap.
- Contribute pro-actively into platform-wide UX improvement initiatives.
- Ensure the product is useful, usable and delightful!
The Junior Product Designer (Intern) is responsible to:
- Participate in the design process with the rest of the awesome product team (Product Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers) and end-users.
- Collaborate with the product team to define business / user needs and requirements in order to define relevant user tasks / user stories / user journey maps.
- Create rich, efficient and smooth user interactions.
- Deliver detailed user flows, prototypes, and wireframes to communicate design concepts with the team.
You’ll Be Motivated to Apply if…
- You are passionate about UX.
- You will be working with experienced, passionate Product Designers as part of the broader Product & Engineering organization with a strong technical culture.
- You enjoy understanding and exploring things.
- You enjoy designing relevant workflow based on real user needs and tasks to be completed.
- You love collaborating with others.
Our design stack includes a mix of requirements in JIRA, Confluence documentation, user interview notes, whiteboard diagrams, notebook sketches, brain scratching, brainstorming, Figma projects, Maze interactive mocks/surveys, occasional tweaks in Photoshop/Illustrator and tidying things up in PowerPoint/Google Slides.
You Will Be Well Set To CRUSH This Role If…
- You are not afraid of data; this is AdTech, not smoothie configurators.
- You are curious. If you don’t understand, ask. If you still don’t get it; no worries, neither did we at first. Ask for clarification; understanding and relevant workflow is only a few more question rounds away!
- You are not afraid of re-iterating; getting it right means you will need to go back and improve on it.
- You are not a design diva; you understand that great digital products are the result of collaboration between designer vision, product management requirements and developers coding skills and framework limitations.
- You have a passion to improve user experience, and can’t wait to have a positive impact on our users and stakeholders.
- You are a motivated self-starter always learning and designing.
- You are not afraid to collaborate; you genuinely care about understanding others.
- You are familiar with User-Centered Design (UCD) methodology.
- You are comfortable with graphic design, composition & aesthetics.
- You have solid and relevant experience with UX/UI mock-up/workflow tools (i.e. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or other).
- You have experience with design software and design systems.
- You obtained a degree in interaction design, new media design, graphic design, or similar field.
- You built a UX/UI portfolio of previous work, ideally structured by case-study.
- You have experience building new products and making existing products better.
Location and working conditions
While our employees are currently working remotely, and before any return to our beautiful office located downtown Montreal, we are taking extra cared steps to ensure a smooth experience for any new employee joining our wonderful organization:
- Tailored virtual onboarding plan sent prior to your start date
- IT equipment & Samsung Ads Welcome Swag kit delivered to your doorstep
We have adapted our perks as currently the following:
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual companies get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!)
- Virtual yoga once per week
What can you expect for your interview process?
Below is what it looks like from start to finish. Our promise is to keep communication open the entire way so you always know where you stand.
- A 30 min Pre Screen with our fabulous Talent Acquisition team.
- A 1 hour Culture Interview via webex with our Head of Design.
We’ll use this time to simply get to know you as a person, hear more about your work experience and design process.
- A 1.5-hour Design Process Interview via webex. As an interview panel, we’ll use this time to make sure you possess the right skills we think are required to accomplish the key objectives. You will present your portfolio with selected case study focusing on your design methodology. A quick Design Challenge will help us see how you tackle… design challenges. The panel will ask you questions and we will reserve time at the end to make sure you have time to ask us questions and clarifications.
- And finally, the Offer presentation with HR and the Hiring Manager. Welcome to the team!
About AdGear culture…
- We promote autonomy, ownership, and accountability. Everyone is a leader at Samsung Ads, taking initiative with confidence.
- Our differences make a difference, and we are part of a collaborative team that values different opinions, thoughts, and ideas.
- We conduct ourselves with mutual respect, authenticity, and empathy. We act with thoughtful intention to make the right decisions
- We are dynamic individuals who care about results. We celebrate the hard work and recognize achievements. We love what we do.
- We embrace the open source movement and actively support the open source community
- We foster a culture of teamwork and ideation, and embrace challenges through a creative and innovative approach.
Apply now by sending your resume to email@example.com or visit us at www.adgear.com.