Samsung Ads l AdGear is an advanced Advertising Technology Company in rapid growth that focuses on enabling brands to connect with Samsung TV audiences as they are exposed to digital media by using the industry’s most comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform. Being part of an international company such as Samsung and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders and teams located around the globe.
We’re looking to add a Data Engineering Support Specialist to the team
This role will be based in Montreal, QC and/or Remote Canada. Any roles based in Montreal will follow a hybrid work model.
As a Data Engineering Support Specialist, you will be a member of a globally distributed technical support team and have the opportunity to collaborate with development teams, client account representatives, account managers and Ad Operations to resolve technical support items in a timely manner and build relationships to help grow the business as it scales. This is an exciting time to join as we are building out this new team and you will have the opportunity to shape the future of this role and global team at Samsung Ads.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Establish, meet and monitor SLAs for support issues in conjunction with the rest of the teams
- Interface with customers, understanding their requirements and delivering complete data solutions
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment
- Address and effectively manage sensitive issues and manage escalations from business teams
- Build and maintain effective internal relationships, specifically with Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Client Support Managers and Ad Operations to help identify, report, and resolve issues quickly
- Get into the details of the various issues that could occur and troubleshoot the data processing big data jobs, tracing requests by analyzing logs, figuring out if the issue is a software issue or data issue.
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use
What you need to succeed in this role (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/IT or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in SQL development
- 3+ years’ experience in data modelling, ETL and Data Warehousing
- 3+ years’ experience in designing and developing solutions on AWS platforms
- Experience with Service Desk , ZenDesk or other support platforms
- Experience with Linux scripting
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where ambiguity is the norm
- Effective problem solving skills with focus on unblocking the customer and planning for longer term remediation measures
- Organized and process-oriented with ability to drive resolutions working with multiple groups
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer success orientation (i.e., patience and calm under the pressure of solving real time customer issues)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive/Spark
- Experience with Redshift and Snowflake
- Ad-Tech domain experience
- Experience as a Business/Product/Data Analyst
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage, access to a virtual care platform (wellness, medical & nutrition), employee assistance program and Personal & Healthcare spending account with Sun Life
- Competitive compensation package, including performance incentive bonus plan based on company, team and personal objectives
- Generous vacation days with additional flex days
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Monthly virtual social committee-lead activities (games night, happy hour, health challenges, etc.)
- Virtual company get togethers (demo days, Town Halls, and more!) & yoga once per week
- Employee Referral Program
- Perkopolis website with great rebates, coupons and promotions
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
Life at SamsungAds l AdGear…
We are proud to have built a world-class organization, grounded in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Working at Samsung Ads offers one of the best environments in the industry to learn just how fast you can grow, how much you can achieve, and how good you can be. We thrive on problem-solving, breaking new ground, and enjoying every part of the journey.
If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build an outstanding, world-class advertising organization with a relentless focus on design and customer experience, you've come to the right place and apply now or share with a friend!