Located in the heart of Old Montreal, AdGear is an advertising technology startup that is now part of Samsung Electronics. We work on complex technical challenges at an increasingly impressive scale, addressing hundreds of millions of devices across the world. Being part of an international company and doing business around the world means that we get to work on big, complex projects with stakeholders and teams in Silicon Valley, Korea and Europe.
As our infrastructure and business continue to grow, we are looking to expand our Engineering team.
What you’ll do
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining ML pipelines. You will collaborate closely with our backend and data teams to build scalable ML solutions that can be leveraged by our bidding stack (high-performance, low-latency system). With the help of our SRE team, you will productionize these solutions and help with monitoring their health (not on call). As a consequence, there will be opportunities to contribute to open source, conduct research and development, review code, and share knowledge.
As our first ML engineer you will be given freedom to decide on which ML technologies should be used (with proper justification). This is a unique opportunity to start fresh and build something from the ground up.
You will work with some incredibly talented and passionate developers within an engineering team with a strong technological background building the next generation of AdGear's administrative interfaces, ad decisioning, delivery, data processing and analytics systems.
This is us: https://github.com/adgear/team
In this position, the chosen candidate is expected to have a hands-on, problem-solving approach and a friendly human-facing side to communicate and manage expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS degree with 5 years’ experience or MS in Computer Science with 2 years’ experience.
- Knowledge in linear algebra, calculus, statistics, and optimization.
- Experience with statistical machine learning algorithms or deep learning algorithms.
- Experience with data collecting and cleaning (Kafka, Spark).
- Experience with a deep learning framework: TensorFlow or Torch or Keras.
- Experience with shipping real-world production systems
- Passionate about driving the performance of machine learning algorithms towards the state of the art, and in challenging us to continually improve what is possible.
- You have a track record of making things better and leading solutions that remove technical pain points and facilitate growth
- You enjoy working with others who are smart and passionate about building useful, reliable, performant products
- You can balance moving fast with breaking things, and you make sure you know how to fix them when they do break
- Good communication skills and capacity/willingness to work in a multi-teams environment.
- Be resourceful, inventive and passionate about technologies.
- You are eager to challenge the status quo and willing to learn new programming languages
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced and stressful environment;
- Be proactive, addressing potential problems before they occur;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills in English; French is an asset.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive compensation package
- Great choice of snacks and drinks in the office available daily
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Great rebates, coupons and promotions through Perkopolis
- Amazing discounts through Samsung Employee Discounts website
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program up to 5%
- Group TFSA Program